1200g – UWeigh Rich Fruit Mix
120ml – Water
3 - UWeigh Free Range Eggs
For the Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
Grease an 8-inch cake tin and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the UWeigh Christmas Cake Mix, water, and eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- To check if it's ready, insert a knife into the centre of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done!
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin before removing, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Poke skewer holes in the bottom of the cake, ensuring they go in at least halfway
Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of brandy or sherry over the cake.
- Wrap it back in foil and repeat this process weekly up to Christmas.
- Dust your hands and work surface with icing sugar, then knead the marzipan until soft, and roll out enough to cover the top and the sides.
- Pass jam through a sieve and warm it in a pan with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Brush the warm jam all over the cake.
- Lift the rolled-out marzipan onto the cake, easing it around the sides and trim any excess.
- Cover the cake with a clean tea towel and let it sit for a day.
Two Options for Icing
- Ready to Roll Icing: Roll out the icing and cover the cake, smoothing it out as you go.
Whisk egg whites until lightly whipped.
Gradually add icing sugar, a few tablespoons at a time, and whisk until fully incorporated.
Add glycerine and lemon juice (optional)
Continue whisking until the mixture is thick enough to hold stiff peaks then spread over the cake and leave it to firm up in a cool, dry place.